Dansomanie Index du Forum
Connexion S'enregistrer FAQ Liste des Membres Rechercher Dansomanie Index du Forum

Nouvelles du Japon / News from Japan
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 90, 91, 92  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Dansomanie Index du Forum -> Tout sur la danse
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
mizuko

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 11, 2013 3:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Embarassed Merci, Haydn. I must have posted a wrong URL. I remember I was half-asleep then...

Now, l'Opéra de Paris will be coming back next March. It would be five Don Quichottes and five La Dame aux camélias. NBS announced the schedule:

Don Quichotte - 13 (18:30), 14, 15 (13:30/18:30), 16 (15:00) March 2014
La Dame aux camélias - 20 (13:30), 21 (13:30), 22 (13:30/18:30), 23 March 2014

The flyer says the casting will be announced in Septembre. I suppose three couples would be presented for each programme and it would be all Etoiles. But I'd would love to see François Alu in Basilio!!!

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
mizuko

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 16, 2013 9:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Une longue interview avec Vincent Chaillet sur Dance Cube. Il parle de Boléro de Cherkaoui, son expérience de danser sur pointes dans Sous Apparence de Gillot, James dans La Sylphide de Lacotte (une bonne surprise pour lui), cette saison et la saison prochaine. Et il boit du thé japonais!

http://www.chacott-jp.com/magazine/world-report/from-paris/paris1306c.html

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
mizuko

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 15, 2013 2:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Some update from heating Japan.

The Royal Ballet has just finished its Japan tour yesterday. There were some major cast changes, predictable but announced just before the tour or the performance and it caused controversy amongst ballet fans, as NBS sells tickets with the star names on the casting, even though people do understand about dancer's injury. Anyhow, almost every performance was soldout, the Royal Ballet dancers were very much appreciated (yes, I loved them!), so it's obvious that the tour was a big success.

I attended Alice's Adventures in Wonderland with Stix-Brunell in the title role, Royal Gala, Swan Lake generale with Lamb/Acosta, Swan Lake with Nuñez / Soares. Alice was quite enjoyable. So many nice ideas in staging, however, I admit a couple of scenes made me sleepy. I loved Beatriz Stix-Brunell. She was fresh, lively, cute but strong. Her dance has youthful energy. I liked all the characters and it was nice to see James Hay and Luca Acri, who is Simon's older brother, in Three Gardeners. Zenaida Yanowsky in The Queen of Hearts and Steven McRae in The Mad Hatter stole the performance.

The Royal Gala was gorgeous. I enjoyed watching La Valse for the first time. Melissa Hamilton was superb in Concerto 2nd movement. Qualia was one of the hightlights in this gala. So "cool", stimulating and magnetic. Both Benjamin and Watson were awesome! Don Quixote by Marquez / McRae was very well-received by the audience, although Marquez hurt her leg during the performance according to NBS's announcement. I didn't recognize that. Cojocaru and Kobborg danced Mayerling once again, only extract from Act III, for the very last performance with the Royal Ballet. The extract was Rudolf and Mary's dying scene at the hunting lodge at Mayerling, with the solo of Bratfisch at the beginning. It was such an overwhelming performance and it made me love to see them in full-length. But I know it will never happen. Ricardo Cervera was also really good in Bratfisch.

All the four dancers did a very good job in "Swan Lake's pas de quatre" but I cannot get rid of this images in which Leanne Benjamin is dancing the second variation. I think Fumi Kaneko showed her large potential in "Awakening pas de deux from Sleeping Beauty", while Morera / Bonelli demonstrated the excellent example as Principal dancer at the Royal Ballet. Musicality, speed, placement, precision, and presentation, all were brilliant. Their Jubilee pas de deux was another highlight of the night. There was one more highlight, Leanne Benjamin. After dancing McGregor's Qualia one and half hour ago, she appeared on the stage as a totally different person. She was so young and her Manon was perfect in every point. She is such an amazing dancer. I couldn't believe she is retiring, and her age, of course. She will be missed. The last programme was radiant Symphony in C led by Lamb, Nuñez, Choe, Mendizabal. Lamb and Choe were sparkling in it.

Now it's Swan Lake. I can just say it was GREAT. The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake is so dramatic. Nuñez was graceful in Odette, captivating in Odile, exquisite in technique. Soares was a sincere but passionate prince and their partnership was/is flawless. I loved Gary Avis' Rothbart. I could see its evil power from his arms. Pas de trois, danced by Harrod / Maguire / Zucchetti, was very favorable. Maguire was so charming. I really liked the Six princesses because each princess has unique character (swank (? I don't know if it's a right word.)). It's an amusing scene. Also I would like to mention Ryoichi Hirano as one of the cadets who gets drunk at the end of Act I and his acting in this scene was hilarious. These fun moments bring depth in the story. I loved every scene, I loved every dancer. I was impressed by their dedication and commitment. I only attended Nuñez / Soares but I wanted to see all the castings. And this was the last performance of the tour, the courtain call went quite heartwarming and relaxed. There's some glimse in this clip by Andre Uspenski.

The final casting:

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Wheeldon / Talbot)

05/07 Lamb / Bonelli
06/07 matinee Choe / Kish
06/07 soiree Lamb / McRae
07/07 matinee Stix-Brunell / Pennefather
07/07 soiree Choe / Kish

The Royal Gala 10/07

La Valse (Ashton / Ravel)
Kobayashi / Hirano, Crawford / Maloney, McCulloch / Stepanek

Concerto (MacMillan / Shostakovich)
Hamilton / Pennefather

Qualia (McGregor / Scanner)
Benjamin / Watson

Agon (Balanchine / Stravinsky)
Yanowsky / Acosta

After the Rain (Wheeldon / Pärt)
Nuñez / Soares

Don Quichotte (Petipa / Minkus)
Marquez / McRae

Mayerling Act III Scene 4 (MacMillan / Liszt)
Cojocaru, Kobborg, Cervera

(intermission)

Pas de Quatre from Swan Lake (Ashton / Tchaikovsky)
Maguire, Takada, Trzensimiech, Zucchetti

In the Hothouse (Marriott / Wagner)
Lamb / McRae

Voices of Spring (Ashton / Strauss II)
Choe / Campbell

Awakening Pas de Deux from Sleeping Beauty (Ashton / Tchaikovsky)
Kaneko / Kish

Jubilee pas de deux (Scarlett / Glazunov)
Morera / Bonelli

Manon Bedroom pas de deux (MacMillan / Massenet)
Benjamin / Acosta

Symphony in C the final movement (Balanchine / Bizet)
Lamb / Hiristov, Nuñez / Soares, Choe / Campbell, Mendizabal / Cervera

Swan Lake (Petipa, Ivanov, Ashton, Bintley / Tchaikovsky)

12/07 Lamb / McRae
13/07 matinee Marquez / McRae
13/07 soiree Lamb / Acosta
14/07 matinee Nuñez / Soares

mizuko

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 18, 2013 1:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Been sick in bed for two days and now I think I'm all right.

As Haydn already tweeted, Kumiko Ishii, 18-year-old, has become the first Japanese dancer to join the Mariinsky Ballet from upcoming Septembre. She passed the audition for the Vaganova Academy held in Tochigi, Japan, in 2011 and had been studying there since Septembre 2011. She graduated last month.

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0000384942

Some more photos:
http://www.japanarts.co.jp/blog/blog.php?id=491

haydn
Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 18, 2013 2:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thanks Mizuko. I guess I'd already mentionned these articles on Twitter but forgotten to put them on the site. I hope you're better now. Smile

mizuko

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 18, 2013 11:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Merci, Haydn. I'm OK now Smile

mizuko

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 20, 2013 8:29 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hannah O'Neill will be performing in Tokyo, Japan, which is her mother's native country and where she spent her childhood, tomorrow. She will be appearing in Ballet Asteras 2013 with Florent Melac. They will dance the grand pas de deux from Noureev's Sleeping Beauty.

Ballet Asteras is a gala for the dancers who are working abroad, held by the Young Artists Training Programme of the New National Theatre, Tokyo. Koya Okawa will also be joining this year.

Ballet Asteras 2013

The New National Theatre, Tokyo
21 July 2013

- Cast and programme

Yuka Ebihara, First Soloist, Polish National Ballet
Vladimir Yaroshenko, First Soloist, Polish National Ballet
Tristan (Krzysztof Pastor / Wagner / de Vlieger)

Yuki Ogasawara, Coryphée, Semperoper Dresden
Claudio Cangialosi, First Soloist, Semperoper Dresden
Le Corsaire (Petipa / Drigo)

Hannah O'Neill, l'Opéra de Paris
Florent Melac, quadrille, l'Opéra de Paris
La Belle au bois dormant (Noureev / Tchaikovsky)

Hideko Karasawa, Ballet Memphis
Kendall G. Britt Jr., Ballet Memphis
Flower Festival in Genzano (Bournonville / Edvard Mads Ebbe Helsted)

Nao Sakuma, Principal, Birmingham Royal Ballet
Chi Cao, Principal, Birmingham Royal Ballet
Tarantella (Balanchine / Gottschalk)

Erina Takahashi, Lead Principal, English National Ballet
Arionel Vargas, Principal, English National Ballet
"Black Swan pas de deux" from Swan Lake (Petipa / Tchaikovsky)

Midori Terada, Soloist, the Odessa National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet
Koya Okawa, Soloist, the Odessa National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet
Diana and Actaeon (Vaganova / Pugni)

Asako Terada, Soloist, the New National Ballet of Japan
Kosuke Okumura, Soloist, the New National Ballet of Japan
Satanella (Petipe / Pugni)

Jun Horiguchi, Soloist, the New National Ballet of Japan
Tetsuo Kaikawa, First Soloist, the New National Ballet of Japan
"Grand Adagio" from Swan Lake act II (Petipa, Ivanov / Tchaikovsky)

Trainees, the Young Artists Training Programme of the New National Theatre, Tokyo.

- Special appearance
Abai Kazakh Ballet School, Almaty in Kazakhstan

mizuko

MessagePosté le: Sam Juil 20, 2013 10:19 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Arima Ballet, in Kyoto, will be inviting four dancers from l'Opéra de Paris this summer. Karl Paquette as every year, Héloïse Bourdon is accompanying again, Sabrina Mallem and Yann Saïz are newly joining. They will be performing four pieces by Attilio Labis in Arima Ballet's special ballet concert which will be held at Nagaokakyo Hall in Kyoto next weekend.

Arima Ballet
Special Ballet Performance "Arcade"/"Ballet Concert"

Nagaokakyo Hall, Kyoto
27 (18:00) and 28 (14:00) July 2013

Choreography and répétition by Pierre Lacotte, Attilio Labis
Rehearsal by Christiane Vlassi, Eric Camillo
Artistic Director: Michaël Denard

- Cast and programme

La Vivandière (Saint-Léon, Lacotte / Pugni)
Arima Ballet

Arcade (Labis / Berlioz)
Héloïse Bourdon, Karl Paquette
Arima Ballet

Sarabande (Labis / Rossini)
Sabrina Mallem, Yann Saïz
Arima Ballet

Spartacus (Labis / Khachaturian)
Héloïse Bourdon, Karl Paquette

Shéhérazade (Labis / Rimsky-Korsakov)

http://www.kyoto-ballet-academy.com/news/detail.shtml?1359089224
http://www.kyoto-ballet-academy.com/edit-data/pdf/1359089224.pdf

mizuko

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 10, 2013 8:49 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mathias Heymann et Mélanie Hurel sera à Tokyo la semaine prochaine. Ils sont invités au gala de Vishneva The World of Diana Vishneva, qui aura lieu du 17 au 22 août, avec Vishneva elle-même, Gomes, Hallberg, Bouder, De Luz, Bouchet, Bordin, Kolb, Ueno, and Bonino.

The World of Diana Vishneva

Programme A: 17 et 18 août, 2013 (15h00)
Programme B: 21 et 22 août, 2013 (19h00)

U-port Hall, Tokyo

avec:

Diana Vishneva (The Mariinsky Ballet)

Luigi Bonino
Thiago Bordin (Hamburg Ballett)
Hélène Bouchet (Hamburg Ballett)
Ashley Bouder (New York City Ballet)
Joaquin De Luz (New York City Ballet)
Marcelo Gomes (American Ballet Theatre)
David Hallberg (American Ballet Theatre / The Bolshoi Ballet)
Mathias Heymann (Ballet de l'Opéra national de Paris)
Mélanie Hurel (Ballet de l'Opéra national de Paris)
Igor Kolb (The Mariinsky Ballet)*
Mizuka Ueno (The Tokyo Ballet)*

The Tokyo Ballet

*seulement pour Programme B

Programme A

Dialogues (Neumeier)
Diana Vishneva, Thiago Bordin

Onegin (Cranko)
Diana Vishneva, Marcelo Gomes

Manfred (Nureyev)
Mathias Heymann

Coppélia (Baryshnikov)
Mélanie Hurel, Mathias Heymann

Othello (Neumeier)
Hélène Bouchet, Thiago Bordin

"Morel et Saint-Loup ou le combat des anges" de Proust ou les intermittences du coeur (Petit)
Marcelo Gomes, David Hallberg

"Diamonds" from Jewels (Balanchine)
Hélène Bouchet, David Hallberg

Tchaïkovsky Pas de Deux (Balanchine)
Ashley Bouder, Joaquin De Luz

Don Quixote (Petipa)

Programme B

Carmen Suite (Alonso)
Diana Vishneva, Marcelo Gomes, Igor Kolb
The Tokyo Ballet

Die Kameliendame (Neumeier)

La Belle au bois dormant (Nureyev)

[TBA]

A Midsummer Night's Dream (Neumeier)

Now and Then (Neumeier)

Tarantella (Balanchine)

The Flames of Paris (Vainonen)

Leda et le Cygne (Petit)
Mizuka Ueno, Igor Kolb

Cheek to Cheek (Petit)
Mizuka Ueno, Luigi Bonino

Dance of the Blessed Spirits (Ashton)
David Hallberg

Pianist : Alexei Goribol ("Dialogue"), Yoko Kikuchi ("Die Kameliendame")

Source: http://www.nbs.or.jp/english/contents/schedule/the-world-of-diana-vishneva/

Dernière édition par mizuko le Dim Aoû 18, 2013 2:08 pm; édité 2 fois
mizuko

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 10, 2013 11:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Selon l'interview avec Vladimir Malakhov dans le dernier numéro de Dance Magazine, Kader Belarbi va créer un nouveau solo pour Malakhov et il sera présenté au Malakhov & Friends à Berlin en janvier prochain.

mizuko

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 16, 2013 3:27 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

This weekend, there're not only The World of Diana Vishneva but also two other performances held in Tokyo with the principals and soloists from European companies.

The former laureates of Prix de Lausanne gather to perform in Lausanne Gala 2013 at Aoyama Theatre 17 and 18 August.

Cast and programme:

Masaya Yamamoto (laureate 2013)
La Bayadère, Solor

Miko Fogarty (laureate, the best Swiss candidate, 2013)
Esmeralda

Maki Kawamura, Honorable dancer, The Natioinal Ballet of Japan
Yasuo Atsuji, Birmingham Royal Ballet
Don Quixote GPDD

Shoko Nalamura, Principal, Berlin State Ballet
Wieslaw Dudek, Principal, Berlin State Ballet
"Grand Adagio" from Swan Lake act II

Kenta Kojiri
Yasutake Shimaji, Forsythe Company
Creation

Yuriko Kajiya, Soloist, American Ballet Theatre
Jared Matthews, Soloist, American Ballet Theatre
Giselle pdd from act II

Yuhui Choe, First Soloist, The Royal Ballet
Ryoichi Hirano, First Soloist, The Royal Ballet
Asphodel Meadows (Scarlett)

Momoko Hirata, Principal, Birmingham Royal Ballet
Joseph Caley, Principal, Birmingham Royal Ballet
Le Corcaire

Mai Kono, Soloist, Barbarian State Ballet
Lukáš Slavický, Principal, Barbarian State Ballet
Voices of Spring

Hana Sakai, Yuko Nishida
Kosuke Okumura, Nobuo Fujino, Akimitsu Yahata, Yu Egami
et al.
Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No.3 (Uwe Scholz)

http://www.aoyama.org/topics/2013/gala2013_cast.html

mizuko

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 16, 2013 3:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Miyako Yoshida, Federico Bonelli and Hikaru Kobayashi, from the Royal Ballet, will be joining Star Dancers Ballet's triple bill at Teatro Gario Showa 17 and 18 August.

Cast and programme:

Scotch Symphony (Balanchine)
with Miyako Yoshida, Federico Bonelli
and Star Dancers Ballet

The Four Temperaments (Balanchine)
with Hikaru Kobayashi, Federico Bonelli
and Star Dancers Ballet

Afternoon of a Faun (Robbins)
Yurie Hayashi, Tomohiro Yoshise

http://www.sdballet.com/performance/performance.html

mizuko

MessagePosté le: Ven Aoû 16, 2013 4:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

By the way, NBS announces that Mathias Heymann and Mélanie Hurel will be dancing Delibes Suite in Programme B, The World of Diana Vishneva.

mizuko a écrit:
Programme B

Carmen Suite (Alonso)
Diana Vishneva, Marcelo Gomes, Igor Kolb
The Tokyo Ballet

Die Kameliendame (Neumeier)

La Belle au bois dormant (Nureyev)

[TBA]

A Midsummer Night's Dream (Neumeier)

Now and Then (Neumeier)

Tarantella (Balanchine)

The Flames of Paris (Vainonen)

Leda et le Cygne (Petit)
Mizuka Ueno, Igor Kolb

Cheek to Cheek (Petit)
Mizuka Ueno, Luigi Bonino

Dance of the Blessed Spirits (Ashton)
David Hallberg

( http://www.nbs.or.jp/english/contents/schedule/the-world-of-diana-vishneva/)

And here's a video interview with Neumeier with some footage from the rehearsal of Dialogues with Vishneva and Bordin.
http://youtu.be/OR8W85gN8c4

mizuko

MessagePosté le: Lun Aoû 19, 2013 2:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Some photos from Arima Ballet's performance in Kyoto last month, with Karl Paquette, Sabrina Mallem and Yann Saïz.

http://www.kyoto-ballet-academy.com/arimaballet/edit-data/img/1376278689_1_1.pdf

It seems that Héloïse Bourdon had to withdraw due to injury. So the cast was changed to:

Arcade (Labis / Berlioz)
Sabrina Mallem, Karl Paquette
Arima Ballet

Sarabande (Labis / Rossini)
Masako Fujikawa, Yann Saïz
Arima Ballet

Spartacus (Labis / Khachaturian)
Sabrina Mallem, Karl Paquette

Shéhérazade (Labis / Rimsky-Korsakov)

They visited Kyoto International Manga Museum during their stay. Here's some photos on line, too.
http://www.kyoto-ballet-academy.com/arimaballet/edit-data/img/1376273484_1_1.pdf

Exhibition "Ballet Manga"
http://www.kyotomm.jp/event/exh/ballet2013.php

Some other photos:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/kyotomm/20130725/1374722849

mizuko

MessagePosté le: Lun Sep 09, 2013 3:54 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ahead of the Ballet with Romeo and Juliet from 20th of septembre, Teatro alla Scala is already on Japan Tour with Falstaff and Rigoletto since last week. It seems they are very much enjoying the tour in Tokyo and they will be having the Extraordinary football match tomorrow at 8pm (JT). Laughing

Daniel Harding announces: http://telly.com/16M04SC

Follow them on twitter: https://twitter.com/teatroallascala

Here is about Romeo and Juliet with Cojocaru/Vogel and Osipova/Vasiliev as guests.

Citation:
Teatro alla Scala Corps de Ballet "Romeo and Juliet"

■ Date
Friday 20 September 2013, 6:30pm
Saturday 21 September 2013, 12:00pm
Saturday 21 September 2013, 6:00pm
Sunday 22 September 2013, 3:00pm
Monday/Holiday 23 September 2013, 1:00pm

■ Venue
Tokyo Bunka Kaikan

■ Prices
S=¥18,000 A=¥16,000 B=¥14,000
C=¥11,000 D=¥8,000 E=¥5,000

■Tickets will be on sale from 10:00am Saturday 11th May, 2013
------------------------------

Choreography : Kenneth MacMillan
Music : Sergey Prokofiev
Sets : Mauro Carosi
Costumes : Odette Nicoletti
Light designer : Marco Filibeck

[Cast]
Friday 20 September 2013, 6:30pm
Juliet : Alina Cojocaru
Romeo : Friedemann Vogel

Saturday 21 September 2013, 12:00pm
Juliet : Petra Conti
Romeo : Claudio Coviello

Saturday 21 September 2013, 6:00pm
Juliet : Natalia Osipova
Romeo : Ivan Vasiliev

Sunday 22 September 2013, 3:00pm
Juliet : Alina Cojocaru
Romeo : Friedemann Vogel

Monday/Holiday 23 September 2013, 1:00pm
Juliet : Natalia Osipova
Romeo : Ivan Vasiliev

Conductor : David Garforth
Orchestra : Tokyo City Philharmonic Orchestra

( http://www.nbs.or.jp/english/contents/schedule/teatro-alla-scala-corps-de-ballet-romeo-and-juliet/ )

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Dansomanie Index du Forum -> Tout sur la danse Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 90, 91, 92  Suivante
Page 45 sur 92

Sauter vers: