Dansomanie Index du Forum
Connexion S'enregistrer FAQ Liste des Membres Rechercher Dansomanie Index du Forum

EVAN MCKIE (Stuttgart Ballet) on Dansomanie en Japonais

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Dansomanie Index du Forum -> ダンソマニ 日本語バージョン- Dansomanie en Japonais
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
mizuko

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 24, 2012 4:10 pm    Sujet du message: EVAN MCKIE (Stuttgart Ballet) on Dansomanie en Japonais Répondre en citant

シュツットガルト・バレエ来日公演2012のスレッドにアップしてあるのですが、抜き出しておきますね。

ダンソマニ日本語版 エヴァン・マッキー インタビュー! by e-mail

シュツットガルト・バレエ 4年ぶりの来日公演、東京と大津・びわ湖ホールでの 『白鳥の湖』 に主演したプリンシパルのエヴァン・マッキーに、ダンソマニ日本語版が e-mail でインタビューしました。 ダンソマニへの登場は、昨年12月にパリ・オペラ座 『オネーギン』 公演に急遽出演して、センセーショナルな成功をおさめた時のインタビュー以来で2回目。 クランコ版の白鳥について、日本公演について、9月に東京バレエ団と共演することになっている 『オネーギン』 について、それからちょっとだけエヴァン自身についてと、さらには来シーズンの予定まで、たっぷり質問しましたので、お楽しみください。

<Q1> まずは、シュツットガルト・バレエ来日公演 『白鳥の湖』 のご成功、おめでとうございます。 素晴らしい公演でした。
日本ではクランコ版の 『白鳥の湖』 は初めての上演だったように思いますが、シュツットガルト・バレエはどのくらいの頻度で上演しているのでしょうか。

(Evan McKie: ) ありがとう。 日本の皆さんにクランコ版の僕のジークフリードを見てもらうことができて、とても嬉しかった。 クランコ版のジークフリードは、振付が豊かで、そこからさらに物語を伝えるいくつもの可能性があるんだ。 僕たちは3~4年に一度 『白鳥の湖』 を上演していて、僕がドゥミ・ソリストだったときにシュツットガルト・バレエで初めて主演した作品なんですよ。

<Q2> クランコ版の 『白鳥の湖』 はとても暗く、救いようのない悲劇ですね。 でもドラマに引き込まれました。 クランコはジークフリード王子をストーリーの軸に据えて、王子の心情を語ることに集中しているので、オデット/オディールでさえ脇役に回っているような印象を受けました。 話の全ては王子を中心に展開しています。 王子は最後に死んでしまいますが、しかし観客は (私は) オデットが王子を本当に愛していたのかわからない。 とても謎めいていました。 このジークフリード王子について、どのように捉えていますか。 オデットとの関係は? クランコ版の 『白鳥の湖』 についてもどう思われているかおしえていただけますか。

僕は、クランコ版はオデットとジークフリードの愛がいかに運命づけられたものであるかに物語の焦点を当てていると思っている。 そうすることで、おとぎ話がより現実味を帯びるし、観客にとって更に悲劇性を感じられるものになるから。 結末も決して甘く幸せなものではない。 僕は観客はわかっていると思うのだけど、オデットはジークフリードを愛しながらも、自分が置かれている状況からジークフリードと一緒にいられる時間はわずかしかないことを痛いほど知っているんだ。 そのことによって、二人の愛 (それとオデットの性格) が悲痛なほどに はかないものになり、舞台の上で二人が一緒に過ごす時間がより一層大切なものになる・・・だから、普通とは違う危険とも言える状況に陥っても、お互いを離そうとはしないんだ。

<Q3> ジークフリードを初めて踊ったのはいつ? やりがいがある役だと思いますか?

僕がジークフリードを初めて踊ったのは、2004年か2005年だと思う。 この役の好きなところは、バレエの身体的なテクニック面はロシアの起源に忠実な一方で、クランコが加味した部分で少しだけより "人間らしく" いられるチャンスがあるというところ。 王子は全四幕全てに出番があって、たくさん踊る。 ほかの版では観客に向けて演技をするということがあるかもしれないけど、クランコ版ではそこまで観客を意識して演じることがないようにするのが重要だと心から感じているんだ。 僕としては、そうしてしまうと、クランコ版におけるこの役の基盤である王子の "内省的" という特質を奪うことになる。 このバレエには多大なる敬意とニュアンスをもって臨まなければいけない。 ただの "show" ではないんだ。 僕の恩師である故ピョートル・ペストフ先生は、『白鳥の湖』 は、踊る人間の資質によって、古典バレエの中の事実上もっとも美しい作品ともなり得るし、その全く逆にもなり得る、とよく言っていました。 この役を踊ることを楽しみましたよ。

<Q4> ほかの版のジークフリード王子を踊ったことはありますか? もしなければ、踊ってみたいと思う?

踊ったことはないけど、近々踊る予定はあります。 ヌレエフ版のアダージオ・ソロは、すごく踊ってみたい。 エック版やボーン版も経験できたら、きっと素晴らしいと思う。

<Q5> カンパニーは現在4年ぶりの日本公演中ですね。 ご存じのとおり、昨年日本は東日本大震災に見舞われ、それによる福島第一原発の事故も起きました。 来日公演に際しては、反対意見もあったかと思いますが、カンパニーはどのように決断したのでしょうか。 日本に来ることについて、どう思っていましたか。

僕は最初から来日公演はあると思っていましたよ。 日本のファンたちがそれまで以上に日常生活に芸術を本当に "必要としている" と聞いて、人生は短いのだから心配ばかりしてられないと思った。 リード (・アンダーソン芸術監督) が、カンパニー全体を集めて、原子力の災害とその後の影響についての専門家である科学者も同席したミーティングを開いたのです。 来日公演への参加を強いるようなことはされてない。 その代わり、現実的にどのようなことが起きると考えられるかについて説明を受けました。 数ヶ月後、カンパニーの全員がこうして日本にいる。 シュツットガルト・バレエと日本とのほかにはない特別な関係を裏付けているよね。

<Q6> 来日公演中、地震も何回かありました。 しかも、そのうちのいくつかは小さくはないものでしたし、回数も頻繁です。 (日本に住んでいる私たちでも不安に感じるほどですが) カンパニーの皆さんは大丈夫でしょうか。 あなたは?

心配はしてないよ。

<Q7> 今度は、あなた自身のことについてお聞きしたいと思います。 シュツットガルト・バレエには、1年間の研修期間を経た後、2002/03 シーズンにコール・ド・バレエとして入団、2009/10 シーズンにはプリンシパルに昇進しています。 早かったと思いますか? それとも準備はできていた?

僕の役割のすべては自然な成り行きで起こるもの。 若いときから既にもっと大きな役にどんどん取り組みたい、それも自分のやり方でやりたいと思っていました。 役をどうしたら生き生きと演じられるだろうと空想にふけっていたよ。

<Q8> 2005年のシュツットガルト・バレエ来日公演では、東京での 『オネーギン』 にマニュエル・ルグリが客演しましたが、そのときのツアーには参加していましたか? 2002年の日本公演は?

マニュエルが出演したときは、参加していました。 レンスキー役の代役に入っていたのと、『ロミオとジュリエット』 のパリス役を踊りました。 マニュエルはツアー中、たくさん手助けしてくれて、親切に接してくれたのですよ。

<Q9> 日本には何回くらい来ている?

足りないくらい!

<Q10> 日本で好きな場所もしくはエリアはありますか?

東京の表参道が静かでエレガントで好きですね。 一度表参道にある素敵なレストランに行ったのだけど、名前を忘れてしまって、未だにどこだったのか探してるんだ! 京都も好きだし、東京の渋谷ではいつも新しい場所を発見してる。 渋谷にある 白クマ だけが目印の特に名前もないところに行ったんだけど、くつろいだ雰囲気でいいところだった。

<Q11> 写真を撮るのが好きだというのをどこかのインタビューで読みましたが、今も写真は撮っている? 是非見てみたいのですが。

四六時中撮ってるよ。 抽象的な人物像がほとんどで、来年中には二回目の写真展を開く予定なんだ。 うまくいけばね。 実は近いうちに一冊の写真集にまとめたいと思ってるところ。

<Q12> 料理はする?

するよ! だけど、たっくさん外食もする Smile

<Q13> あなたは背が高くて美しいラインを持っているけど、それはご両親から受け継いだものですか?

父と兄/弟は背が高くて細身。 母はボタンみたいにキュートなんだ! ("My mother is cute like a button!")

<Q14> 9月にはもう一度来日して、東京バレエ団と共演しますね、 それも 『オネーギン』 で。 前回のダンソマニ・インタビューの時に、オネーギンは大好きな役の一つだと答えていらっしゃいました。 今回の東京バレエ団への客演について、NBSはリード・アンダーソン氏の強い推薦があったためと認めていますが、そのことは聞きましたか?

とても嬉しいことです。 なぜなら、彼 (リード・アンダーソン) は世界中のオネーギン一人一人を見ているのですから。 しかもそのいくつかは素晴らしいオネーギンなんですよ! それに、これはつまり、僕に、シュツットガルトにあるカンパニーから外に出て、オネーギンやそのほかの役をゲストで踊る機会をたくさん与えてくれているというジェスチャーなんだ。 シュツットガルトでいくつかチャンスを逃しているけど、それはシュツットガルト以外の観客の前で踊ることも重要だと感じているから。 バランスの取り方が難しいけどね。

<Q15> 東京バレエ団との共演は初めてになりますね。 楽しみですか?

日本のカンパニーとも日本のバレリーナとも一緒に舞台で踊るのは初めて。 でもとてもいいものになりそうだと感じているよ。 共演のレンスキー役はマライン・ラドマーカーで、これは予定されてなかったのだけど、最終的におまけってことになったんだ。 僕たちには二人だけの化学反応があるし、自分たちの役に対する共通の敬意を持っている。 日本のファンサークルに対してもね。

<Q16> リハーサルはいつから?

世界バレエフェスティバルの最中。

<Q17> 日本のバレエファンたちはあなたのオネーギンを楽しみにしています。 ダンソマニの読者たちは皆、昨年12月のパリでのセンセーショナルな成功を知っていますから。 あのときのパリでの出来事を思い出したりしますか?

よく思い出すよ。 オーレリーやオペラ座のほかの友達ともよく話をするから。 面白いのが、ミリアムとジョシュアがパリでの僕のオルガとレンスキーだったのだけど、二人ともエトワールに昇進したんだ! 彼らは僕にはとても優しくしてくれた。 パリ・オペラ座とパリの観客は、愛と敬意を持って僕のことを包み込んでくれたのだけど、それはパリではあまりないこと。 あの経験は、時間的制約から、まるで精神力のテストみたいだったけどね。 でも、リード・アンダーソンは僕のことをものすごく信頼してくれていたし、ブリジット・ルフェーブルも、ほんの少しリハーサルしただけでオーレリーと初日を踊るようにリクエストするなんて、とんでもなく思い切ったことをしてくれたんだ。 二人ともすごくリスクを取るタイプ。 そういうのは好きだ。

<Q18> 最後の質問です。 来シーズンについてお聞きしますが、どの演目に出演するか既にわかっていますか。 その中で一番楽しみなのは? 東京バレエ団との 『オネーギン』 のほかにはゲスト出演の予定はあるのでしょうか。 ガラは?

いくつか素敵なガラの予定が、あるよ。 でも、ナショナル・バレエ・オヴ・カナダとの関係は続けていくことにしているし、ゲスト・アーティストとして再び韓国で踊る予定もある。 シュツットガルト・バレエのモスクワ公演、上海、北京へのツアーにも参加するよ。 同じくものすごく楽しみなのは、僕のメイン・サポーターの一人マリシア・ハイデが、チリの彼女のカンパニーに招いてくれていて、『パキータ』 を踊ることになってるんだ。 ほかにもいくつかエキサイティングなことが進行中だけど、まだ最終決定してない。 面白いことに、自分の本拠地のシュツットガルトで何を踊るかがわからないんだ! でも、サプライズは大好きだよ! 僕の今までのキャリアは全部、自発性 spontaneity っていうマーク付きなんだ。

(2012年6月20日 e-mail にて回答を受信)

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
mizuko

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 24, 2012 4:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

English version:

On the occasion of Stuttgart Ballet’s Japan Tour 2012 in early June, Principal dancer Evan McKie kindly accepted our interview. Mr. McKie danced Prince Siegfried in Swan Lake (Cranko) in Tokyo and Ohtsu during the tour, and he will come back to Japan to guest as the title role in Onegin with the Tokyo Ballet in September. Since we couldn’t have time to meet, this interview was made by e-mail.

<Q1> First of all, congratulations on the huge success of Swan Lake. Beautiful performances.
I think this is the first time that Cranko’s is presented in Japan. How often does the company perform Swan Lake?

(Evan McKie: ) Thank You. I was very happy to present my interpretation of Cranko's Siegfried to Japan. This Siegfried is rich choreographically and has extra storytelling possibilities. We perform this ballet every 3-4 years and it was my first leading role at Stuttgart ballet when I was a demi-soloist.

<Q2> Cranko’s is very dark and hopelessly tragic. But I was really drawn into the drama. Cranko centered Prince Siegfried, even Odette/Odile seemed set aside, and it is like a psychological story of Prince Siegfried. All is revolving around him. He dies at the end, but the audiece don’t know if Odette is in love with him. It’s totally mysterious. What do you think of Prince Siegfried, the relation with Odette, and Cranko's Swan Lake?

I believe the Cranko version focuses on how Odette and Siegfried's love is doomed because that makes this fairy-tale more realistic and even more heartbreaking for an audience. It is difinitely not a sweet and happy ending. I think the audience knows that Odette loves Siegfried but she is also painfully aware of the circumstances that prevent them from being together for too long. This makes their love (and her character) heartbreakingly fragile. The moments that they share onstage become more precious...they don't want to let go of each other even though they both know that the circumstances are unconventional and even dangerous.

<Q3> When was the first time you took this role? Do you think it’s a challenging role?

I first danced Siegfried in about 2004 or 2005 I think. What I love is being true to the Russian origins of the physical technique of the ballet while having the chance to be a bit more 'human' in the bits that Cranko added. The Prince is in all four acts and dances alot. I really felt it was important to not play to the audience as much as the Prince might in other versions. For me, that takes away from the "introspective" characteristic that is the basis for this role in Cranko's version. This ballet deserves an enormous amount of respect and nuance. It is not just a "show". My teacher, the late, Pyotr Pestov used to say Swan Lake can either be the most effectively beautiful ballet or the least effective ballet in classical repertoire depending on the quality of who dances it. I really enjoyed dancing this role.

<Q4> Have you ever danced Prince Siegfried in another version? If not, are you interested in?

I have not but I will soon. I would like to perform the adagio solo in Nureyev's version so much. Other versions from Ek and Bourne are probably wonderful to experience too.

<Q5> Now the company is currently touring Japan after four years. As you know, Japan had the Fukushima nuclear power plant accident caused by the earthquake and tsunami last year. I imagine that there should have been some conflicts or struggles to go on the tour. How did the company decide? What did you think of coming to Japan?

I knew I would come from the beginning. Life is too short to worry too much especially when I heard from fans that they really 'needed' art in their lives more than ever. Reid (Anderson) organized a meeting with the whole company and a scientist who specializes in nuclear disasters and their aftermath. People were not forced to come on tour but instead they were educated about the reality of what to expect. A few months later, here we all are in Japan confirming Stuttgart Ballet's unique relationship with your country.

<Q6> Also, during your stay, we’ve been actually having several earthquakes, some were not small. It’s too often for us in fact. But I’m worrying how everybody in the company is doing? Are you OK?

I am not worried.

<Q7> Let me ask you about yourself. You joined Stuttgart Ballet in the season 2002/03 as a Corp de Ballet after a year of apprenticeship and were promoted Principal in 2009/10. Do you think it was fast or you were ready?

All of my roles happened as a natural progression. When I was young I was already very hungry to tackle the bigger parts and do them my way. I fantasized about how I could make certain roles come alive.

<Q8> Did you participate in the Japan tour of 2005 when Manuel Legris guested in Onegin in Tokyo? What about the tour in 2002?

I participated with Manuel, yes. I was understudy for Lensky then and dancing Paris in Romeo and Juliet. Manuel was especially helpful and kind to me on that tour.

<Q9> How many times have you come to Japan?

Not enough!

<Q10> Do you have any favourite place or area in Japan?

Omotesando in Tokyo because it is quiet and elegant. Once we went to a fantastic restaurant there but i forget what it was called. I'm still trying to find it again! I like Kyoto too and always find new places in shibuya, Tokyo. I went to a place in shibuya that doesn't have a name but is represented by a picture of just a white bear. It was cozy.

<Q11> I have read somewhere that you like photographing. Do you still take photos? I would love to see them.

I take them all the time. I do mostly abstract portraits and will have my second exhibit within the next year, hopefully. I would actually like to compile a book soon.

<Q12> Do you cook?

Yes! But I also eat out ALOT Smile

<Q13> You are tall and have beautiful line. Are your parents also tall and have beautiful line?

My brother and father are both tall and lean. My mother is cute like a button!

<Q14> You will come back to Japan to guest with the Tokyo Ballet in September, and it’s Onegin. You have answered in the last Dansomanie interview that Onegin is one of your favourite roles. About your guest appearance with the Tokyo Ballet, NBS confirmed that there was a strong recommendation of Mr. Reid Anderson. Did you hear about that?

That means so much to me because he has seen every Onegin in the world... a couple of which are very good! Also, it is a grand gesture to allow me to leave the company in Stuttgart so often for guesting opportunities in this role and others. I have missed some great chances in Stuttgart because I felt it was so important to dance for other audiences too. There is a delicate balance.

<Q15> This will be the first time to work with the Tokyo Ballet. Are you excited?

It will be my first time performing with a Japanese company and with a Japanese ballerina. I have a very good feeling about it. My Lensky will be Marijn Rademaker which was not planned but ended up being an added bonus. We have our own chemistry and both share a common respect for our roles and for our Japanese fan-circle.

<Q16> When do you start rehearsing?

During the world ballet festival.

<Q17> Japanese ballet fans are looking forward to seeing your Onegin. Dansomanie readers all know about your sensational success in Paris last December. Do you recall those days in Paris sometimes?

All the time. I talk with Aurélie and other friends there often. It's funny because Myriam and Joshua were my Olga and Lensky and they have since been promoted to etoile! They were so sweet with me. That company and audience embraced me with such love and respect that is not always common for them. The experience was such a test of spirit given the time constraint though. But Reid Anderson believed in me tremendously and Brigitte Lefèvre took a huge leap by actually requesting that Aurélie and I do the opening night after so little rehearsal. She and Reid are both such risk-takers. I love that.

<Q18> The last question. Let me ask you about the next season. Do you already know which ballet you will be in? Which is that you are most excited? And any guest appearance scheduled besides Onegin with the Tokyo Ballet? Galas?

Some lovely galas, yes. But I will continue my relationship with the national ballet of Canada and also perform in South Korea again as a guest artist. I will be with Stuttgart ballet in Moscow, Shanghai and Beijing too. I’m also very excited that one of my main supporters, Marcia Haydee, has invited me to dance Paquita with her own company in Chile. Other exciting things are in the works but not finalized yet. It's funny because I have no idea what I will be dancing in my home of Stuttgart yet! But I always love to be surprised! My whole career has been marked with spontaneity.

(The e-mail reply was received on 20 June 2012.)

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
mizuko

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 02, 2012 1:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

日本語版、英語版、両方のページが出来ました! 写真は日本公演のものではありませんが、エヴァン・マッキーから提供されたものです。

2012年6月20日 : エヴァン・マッキー インタビュー

June 20th. 2012 : meeting Evan McKie

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Dansomanie Index du Forum -> ダンソマニ 日本語バージョン- Dansomanie en Japonais Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: