Dansomanie Index du Forum
Connexion S'enregistrer FAQ Liste des Membres Rechercher Dansomanie Index du Forum

Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP) 2012
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Dansomanie Index du Forum -> Tout sur la danse
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
sophia

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 19, 2012 11:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

D'après le site du film, on pourra le voir en salles à partir du 4 mai aux Etats-Unis. Aucune sortie européenne n'est annoncée pour le moment (à mon avis, il y a plus de chances de le voir paraître en DVD).

http://www.balletdocumentary.com/

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Bloup

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 19, 2012 11:38 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

La jeune Eléonore Ferré (école Carole Massoutié) participe également à la finale cette année. Wink

sophia

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 19, 2012 11:39 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

La liste des participants et de leurs variations est là (fichier PDF).

sophia

MessagePosté le: Mer Avr 25, 2012 6:00 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Carl Van Godtsenhoven (338) et quelques autres ont passé le premier tour.

La liste des sélectionnés (filles et garçons, juniors et seniors) est sur la page Facebook du YAGP.

voyageur

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 26, 2012 5:29 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Saturday's Makarova gala program (though not that of the Friday YAGP gala itself) is posted on the YAGP website:

http://www.yagp.org/natalia_makarova_site_2012/Natalia%20Makarova%20Gala%20-%20Program.pdf

I'll be curious to see how they handle the double-barreled Black Swan, though sorry not to see instead the previously-scheduled (at least on Tamara Rojo's website) DQ pas with Sergei Polunin. I think I am most looking forward to a couple of performances I haven't seen and won't otherwise see this year: the Giselle pas with Osipova (whom I've only seen with Hallberg in this) and Vasiliev and the EO Mirror pas with Vogel (whom I've only seen in Raymonda), though I rather wish he would do something where he DANCES (fingers crossed for the YAGP gala).

As for the YAGP gala, Rojo's website shows that she will do the goldfish piece and (with Polunin) Diana & Acteon. The Dresden Ballet website indicates that the new Bubenicek piece is for Kondaurova and Baimuradov.

Angela

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 27, 2012 7:00 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

This will be Vogel's debut in Onegin, so: LUCKY YOU - Stuttgart is very much looking forward to see him in this new role. I'm sooo envious... Evil or Very Mad

voyageur

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 27, 2012 4:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Well, the second half of YAGP gala program (the first half will be the prizewinners) still hasn't been posted, but it has thoughtfully been included in the playbill distributed at last night's final round.
In addition to the pieces I mentioned above, we will have new pieces by Justin Peck, danced by Tess Reichlen and Robbie Fairchild, and Marcelo Gomes, danced by Misty Copeland and Alexandre Hammoudi. Yolanda Frias, Yoel Carreno and Yonah Acosta will do the Corsaire pas de trois, Alicia Amatriain and Friedemann Vogel will do the Cranko Romeo balcony pas, and Herman Cornejo will dance a tango of his own choreography. The Bubenicek piece will be danced by Otto Bubenicek and Jon Vallejo in addition to Kondaurova and Baimuradov.
These galas are notorious for their roster changes, and this one seems to have substituted one Carreno (Yoel) for another (Jose Manuel), but I am hoping we will get both, particularly since the playbill does not show Matthew Golding, who like JMC is still listed on the YAGP website, and who, according to HET Nationale Ballet, IS going to appear tonight, either.
The Saturday night gala program is, I believe, the more interesting one. (Angela, I will report on the Onegin pas, and I hope you will do the same for his full performance, which I think will be in July?)

As for the final round, the move from City Center to the theater formerly (and to people like me still) known as the State seems to have reduced the technical problems that have plagued prior competitions. And the screaming and catcalls from the kids in the top balcony at every extension, turn and jump don't seem quite as loud last night (though they did prompt an official plea to remember that this was an ongoing competition). Elisabeth Platel and Patrick Armand are among the jurors.

Overall, I'd say the technique and, in most cases, polish displayed was fairly impressive, though I saw a number of rough edges (usually rather deftly covered up) emerging from turns, and some ragged finishes. Too many hyperextensions among the girls and far too many cute little Harlequinade variations (including 3 in sequence) for my taste. I'd add that the disparity in maturity among the junior women always surprises me at these events: a 13-year-old who looks like a cute little munchkin may be followed directly by a 13-year-old who looks like a lovely young woman.

Based on prior competition results, the jurors don't necessarily share my taste. I'd be quite surprised, though, if Kimin Kim (Korea) doesn't do well. Of the other senior men, I liked Devyn Lovett, whose turns reminded me of Jose Manuel Carreno's, Derek Dunn, who did a lovely opening manege, and Ka'imi Cambern (all of them US), whose lovely feet flew through his Flower Festival variation, Shogo Hayami (Japan), airborne in his Sylphide variation, and Peng Fei Jiang (PRC) with a beautifully performed Giselle variation. Of the junior men, I was most taken with Reo Morikawa (Japan).

Among the senior women, I saw a great deal of polish, but not much softness. I liked the way a very assured Tiana Lovett (US) played with the music in her Grand Pas Classique variation, and Hannah Bettes (US) danced her Coppelia variation beautifully. I also liked Tyler Donatelli's (US) Black Swan. Of the junior women, I thought that Austin Eder's (US) WalpurgisNacht variation was a delight and Miko Fogarty (US) at 14 displayed remarkable artistry in her Giselle variation.

Angela

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 28, 2012 2:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
(Angela, I will report on the Onegin pas, and I hope you will do the same for his full performance, which I think will be in July?)

Then you know more than I do - no casting yet for the Onegin performances at Stuttgart, who told you???
PLEASE report, I promise I will too!

voyageur

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 28, 2012 3:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

YAGP has still not posted the competition results anywhere I could find them, but some prizes were announced at the gala last night. If I heard them correctly (my apologies if I did not): Juliet Doherty (US) won the Gold medal for Junior Women; I was gratified to hear (I think) that of my favorites Derek Dunne (US) won the Gold medal for Senior Men, Tyler Donatelli (US) the Silver medal for Senior Women, and Kimin Kim (Korea) (I hope I heard this properly) the Mary Day Artistry Award--his DQ variation had pride of place (the last individual performance in the first half) and brought down the house. I did not hear an award announced for him (I may just have missed it) but was also pleased to see Shogo Hayami (Japan) included in the program.

As for the Stars of Today, no Matthew Golding and there was only one Carreno: Jose Manuel (with partner Karina Smirnoff performing a Dancing With the Stars number called Passion); the Corsaire pas de trois became the pas de deux for Frias and Acosta.

The three entirely new pieces were all well-performed and not without interest, but I was most taken with the Bubenicek, which managed to take a fresh look at the dynamics of 3 men and a girl and which used the particular qualities of its dancers (and especially Kondaurova) very well (and apparently with only a week to explore and then create). This was my first look at Yonah Acosta, who shows great promise, but as of now it l seems to come entirely from his technique--I am sure that he will learn (a family member and his new director have it in spades) how to project personality. As for that new director, while I was skeptical about a pas de deux with a goldfish, she displayed the total commitment and clear articulation of the slightest movement that has marked her career throughout. There was a huge amount of interest beforehand for her partner in the Diana & Acteon (which had pride of place and closed the gala)--shows what a little notoriety will do--everyone seemed to have forgotten that he danced the very same pas at the YAGP gala with a different partner two years ago. They were a big success, but I would have preferred another piece--not because I'd already seen him do it, but because I don't think it shows what really characterizes either of them and makes them so special as dancers: her lusciousness of movement is lost in the almost staccato nature of Diana's variation and his expansive yet entirely classical purity is buried in the corkscrew jumps and tricks, all of which can be (and often have been) performed by sloppier dancers. (To be sure, her fouettes and supported multiple pirouette were terrific and he did a very fine series of barrel turns.)

But the highlight of the evening for me was Friedemann Vogel in Cranko's Romeo & Juliet balcony pas. Sans balcony or stairs and shorn of context, he was nevertheless completely convincing--young, impassioned (can he ever run with a cape and would I ever love to see his Armand!) and radiant in the throes of a real first love--and danced so beautifully--such line, great jumps and turns. (Angela, I will send you a PM--I think we must have misunderstood each other's posts re his doing Onegin.)

I have to note with regret that my comments on the reduction in the noise level of the screaming kids were premature--they were as loud as ever last night, but if history provides any guidance, it won't be as bad for the second gala. While the online program shows Vishneva and Osipova (who will be doing it at ABT in May), the playbill for tonight's Makarova gala lists Kondaurova and Veronika Part for the Bayadere catfight--it will be interesting to see which pair of Russians appears!

Dernière édition par voyageur le Sam Avr 28, 2012 4:07 pm; édité 1 fois
haydn
Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 28, 2012 4:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thanks for this extensive review about the YAGP, Voyageur!

haydn
Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Sam Avr 28, 2012 4:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

By the way, David Hallberg wrote on Twitter that he'll make a "surprise appearance" at the Makarova Gala tonight along with Ekaterina Kondaurova. Smile

Florestiano

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 29, 2012 5:57 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Il faut dire qu'il y a eu pas mal de changements de programme et de distribution par rapport au programme qui avait été mis en ligne et signalé par sophia et voyageur, et Hallberg / Kondaurova se sont partagés le pas de deux du Royaume des Ombres avec Rojo / Matvienko (en lieu et place du Pas d'action initialement prévu avec Murphy et Matvienko...). Autre changement : la confrontation Osipova/Vishneva dans la Bayadère n'a pas eu lieu : Kondaurova et Part les ont remplacées.
La surprise, c'était peut-être la tenue de Hallberg et Kondaurova (juste au corps blanc pour elle, collants et T-shirt blancs pour lui !!), un peu iconoclaste pour la Bayadère Wink

Je vous en dirai quelques mots un peu plus tard, mais les temps forts sont pour moi venus de ces dames, Rojo, Kondaurova et Osipova en tête (ah, sa Giselle...).

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
sophia

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 29, 2012 10:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Les résultats du YAGP 2012

Pre-competitive

Hope – Drew Minard (11), School of Classical Dance, IA, USA

Pre-Competitive Women
Gold – Yeojin Shim (11), Academy of Korean Young Ballet Stars, KOREA
Silver – Isabella Franco (11), Marat Daukayev School of Ballet, CA, USA
Bronze – TIED – Lada Sartakova (9), Vladislav Kuramshin’s Russian Ballet School, RUSSIA
Bronze – TIED – Natalie Thornley-Hall (11), Vancouver Junior Professional Division, CANADA

Pre-Competitive Men
Gold – Luke Westerman (11), Northern California Dance Conservatory, CA, USA
Silver – Daichi Ikarashi (9), Niigata Ballet School, JAPAN
Bronze – Kohki Toda (11), Rinna Classic Ballet Company, JAPAN

Top 12 Pre-Competitive Women
1. Maria Gabriela Gutierrez Aza (9) Danzaira Escuela de Ballet, PERU
2. Jasmine Cruz (9) Westlake School for the Performing Arts, CA, USA
3. Isabella Franco (11), Marat Daukayev School of Ballet, CA, USA
4. Elena Iseki (10), Russian Ballet School, JAPAN
5. Chihiro Kobayashi (11), Emi Aiba Ballet Studio, JAPAN
6. Mya Kresnyak (10), Vancouver Junior Professional Division, CANADA
7. Martina Prefontaine (10), Vancouver Junior Professional Division, CANADA
8. Lada Sartakova 9), Vladislav Kuramshin’s Russian Ballet School, RUSSIA
9. Yeojin Shim (11), Academy of Korean Young Ballet Stars, REP. of KOREA
10. Rena Takahashi (11), Hitomi Takeuchi School of Ballet, JAPAN
11. Natalie Thornley-Hall (11), Vancouver Junior Professional Division, CANADA
12. Catarina Rodigues Erickson (11), Ballet Jovem de Sao Vicente, BRAZIL

sophia

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 29, 2012 10:17 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Junior

Youth Grand Prix – Blake Kessler (14), Orlando Ballet School, FL, USA

Men
Gold – Adhonay Soares da Silva (14), Bale Jovem Do Centro Cultural Gustav Ritter, BRAZIL
Silver – Giuseppe Basillio (14), AS Ballet, SWITZERLAND
Bronze – David Preciado (13), Los Angeles Ballet School, CA, USA

Women
Gold – Juliet Doherty (14), Fishback School of the Dance, NM, USA
Silver – Grecia Marian Meza Posada (12), Escuela Superior de Musica Y Danza de Monterrey, MEXICO
Bronze – Maria Clara Coelho (13), Balletarrj Escola de Danca, BRAZIL

Top 12 Women
1. Gisele Bethea (12), Master Ballet Academy, AZ, USA
2. Maria Clara Coelho (13), Balletarrj Escola de Danca, BRAZIL
3. Grace Davidson (12), Faubourg School of Ballet, IL, USA
4. Juliet Doherty (14), Fishback School of the Dance, NM, USA
5. Austin Eder (13), Anaheim Ballet School, CA, USA
6. Miko Fogarty (14), Westlake School of the Arts, CA, USA
7. Kurumi Kosaka (13) Tazuru Ichiyanagi Ballet School, JAPAN
8. Alysha Martignago (14) Classical Coaching with Janinie McGrath, AUSTRALIA
9. Remi Nakano (13) Kishibe Ballet Studio, JAPAN
10. Grecia Marian Meza Posada (12), Escuela Superior de Musica Y Danza de Monterrey, MEXICO
11. Marin Soki (12) Soki Ballet School, JAPAN
12. Seo Hoo Yun (12) Yewon Middle School, REPUBLIC of KOREA

sophia

MessagePosté le: Dim Avr 29, 2012 10:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Senior

Grand Prix – Kimin Kim (19), Korean University of the Arts, REPUBLIC of KOREA

Men
Gold – Derek Dunn (16), The Rock School for Dance Education, PA, USA
Silver – Cameron McCune (16), The Raleigh School for Ballet, NC, USA
Bronze – Shun Izawa, (19), Ballet Studio Duo, JAPAN

TOP 12 Men
1. Edson Ferreria Barbosa, BRAZIL
2. David Donnelley (16), Northern Cincinnati Youth Ballet, OH, USA
3. Derek Dunn (16), The Rock School for Dance Education, PA, USA
4. Gustavo Echevarria (17), John Cranko Schule at Stuttgart Ballet, GERMANYA
5. Hadriel Diniz Getulio (16), Vortice Escola de Danceas, BRAZIL
6. Angelo Greco (16), Il Balletto, ITALY
7. Shogo Hayami (15), Mitsuko Inao Ballet School, JAPAN
8. Shun Izawa (19), Ballet Studio Duo, JAPAN
9. Kimin Kim (19), Korean University of the Arts, REPUBLIC of KOREA
10. Devyn Lovett (17), Dmitri Kulev Classical Ballet Academy, CA, USA

Women
Gold- Hannah Bettes (16) Next Generation Ballet at the Patel Conservatory, FL, USA
Silver – Tyler Donatelli (15), Southland Ballet Academy, CA, USA
Bronze – Gayeon Jung (19), Korean National University of the Arts, REP. of KOREA

TOP 12 Women
1. Hannah Bettes (16) Next Generation Ballet at the Patel Conservatory, FL, USA
2. Jennifer Bummer (15), Dmitri Kulev Classical Ballet Academy, CA, USA
3. Valentina dos Santos Codinha (15) Escola de Danca do Conservatorio Nacional, PORTUGAL
4. Tyler Donatelli (15), Southland Ballet Academy, CA, USA
5. Nagisa Hatano (17), Kamiya Kumiko Ballet School, JAPAN
6. Gayeon Jung (19), Korean National University of the Arts, REP. of KOREA
7. Liu Xue Chen (16), Beijing Dance Academy, P.R. of CHINA
8. Tiana Lovett (15), Lovett Dance Center, CA, USA
9. Soyun Park (15), Sunhwa Arts High School, REP. of KOREA
10. Deanna Pearson (17) Akhmedova School of Ballet, MD, USA
11. Qiu Yun Ting (16), Beijing Dance Academy, REP. of KOREA
12. Sofia Martinez Rios (15) En Pro Del Talento Veracruzano, MEXICO
11. Cameron McCune (16), The Raleigh Ballet School, NC, USA
12. Li Wen Tao (16), Beijing Dance Academy, P. R. of CHINA

Dernière édition par sophia le Ven Avr 19, 2013 8:16 pm; édité 1 fois
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Dansomanie Index du Forum -> Tout sur la danse Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivante
Page 4 sur 6

Sauter vers: