Dansomanie Index du Forum
Connexion S'enregistrer FAQ Liste des Membres Rechercher Dansomanie Index du Forum

Ballet.co.uk going into archive

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Dansomanie Index du Forum -> ダンソマニ 日本語バージョン- Dansomanie en Japonais
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
mizuko

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 17, 2011 11:30 am    Sujet du message: Ballet.co.uk going into archive Répondre en citant

イギリスの大きなバレエ・サイトで、バレエ・フォーラムとしては最も古く、文字通り先駆けとなった 「Balletco」 が、2012年1月で、サイトを凍結することになったそうです。 12月15日付で、Balletco のアドミニストレータである Bruce Marriott さんがサイト上に発表し、twitter でも配信されました。

Balletco は1996年の夏に開設され、以降15年半の長きに渡って Bruce さんがお一人で運営され、少額とはいえないサイトの維持費も賄っていたそうです。 つい最近、Balletco のサーバーがスパム攻撃にあったことが明らかにされていて、これによるダメージも大きかったようなのですが、それ以上に、近年のソーシャルメディアの変化、それによりサイトの利用者が減ったこと、それから、ご自身の生活環境の変化もあり、心と身体を休めたい時期に入ったことなどが、ご本人からのメッセージの中で明かされています。 また、15年以上の歴史の中で、たくさんの人々のバレエに対する情熱と才能が注がれていたこと、より多くの知識を共有できるようになったことなどについて、大変喜ばしく思っていること、そして、サイトを凍結するというのは苦渋の決断だったことなども書き記されています。

Balletco は、アーカイヴ化されるだけで、閲覧することは引き続き可能だそうです。 少し前にリニューアルしていますが、より維持しやすい以前のデザインに戻るそうです。

サイトの利用者としてはとてもとても残念なニュースではありますが、Bruce さんの 「I'm very tired.」 という言葉に心が痛みました。 サイトの運営だけでも大変な労力です。 そこへ twitter や facebook も加わってくると、本当に膨大なエネルギーが必要になります。 情報のスピードも加速するばかりで、とどまるところを知りません。 私でさえ、やめてしまいたくなることもありますし、twitter や facebook が台頭している今の現状を考えると、このフォーラムの存在意義に疑問を持つことがないわけではありません。

Bruce さんの決断を全面的に尊重し、これまで私達にもたらしてくれたこと全てに感謝したいと思います。 ストレスから開放されて、これからの人生をゆっくり楽しんでいただきたいです。

http://www.ballet.co.uk/2011/12/balletco-going-into-archive/

Citation:
Balletco going into archive

by Bruce Marriott on December 15, 2011

I’m really sorry to say but after 15˝ years Balletco will be closing to further development in mid-January and will go into long-term archive – nothing should be lost (including the forum discussions) and it will remain a repository for how the net first covered dance/ballet – or part of it did anyway.

I’d like to thank dearly all our contributors and helpers since the summer of 1996 – Balletco would not be anything without all their endeavours. It’s been an eventful and fruitful ride and I think the archive will show that for posterity.

I’d love to carry on, nobody likes calling it a day, but it takes huge amounts of effort not to say some money to run at such a scale and even with all our lovely contributors and helpers it’s a very, very, hard thing to sustain, and lately, this last year or two, very hard. It’s also a changing world and new sites, much more socially aware, are coming through, while forums, one part of what we do, are being used less, for example. I hope all the wonderful energy and talent of those who made us special will combine in new ways to push dance and its appreciation forward. And I’m really pleased that over our 15 years we have given opportunity to many to grow as writers and develop wider knowledge. I’m also very proud of what we achieved in terms of TodaysLinks and the nearly 38,000 Reviews links we have in the database – thanks to all who have helped make that happen every single day over the years.

I should perhaps add that my own circumstances have changed and a life of less stress and not always feeling on call is really needed. Although the latest wretched circumstances around our server being used by spammers has brought things to a head, this is something I’ve meditated on for a good while now – I’m very tired. I’d very much like to see quality coverage of dance continue in parallel with the social side and the new bloggers’ take on dance, but I have done my bit and it’s for others to carry new flames now – and in new ways too.

In going into archive I’d be very happy to point people at new endeavours, particularly by those who have contributed so much to Balletco. It may be that numbers of you come together to run your own forum or site – contact me if you are interested and I’ll put you in touch with others interested. Subject to spam levels not causing further disruption the plan is to remain as is until mid-January and we will still add articles and reviews in that period. We will then switch to low-cost web space and in the old designs which will archive better. Work will need doing to ensure that the old forum threads are readable once again (thank you, Trog) – there is a lot of gold in there I think. The intention is not to lose anything we have accumulated. I’ll certainly do my best to that end.

I’m sorry I can’t trudge on, best wishes to you all, thank you for your support and I wish you each well for the future.

Bruce Marriott

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
mizuko

MessagePosté le: Sam Jan 21, 2012 2:09 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

数日前に Balletco の Bruce さんから発表されたニュースです。

新しくウェブマガジンとして Dance Tabs を立ち上げることになったそうです。 マガジンなのでフォーラムや本日のリンクなどはなく、公演レビュー、フォトギャラリー、インタビュー、最新ニュースなどの掲載で、Balletco にも投稿していたプロフェッショナルたちが寄稿することになっているそうです。 Dance Tabs の開設は、2月初旬を予定しているとか。 いいニュースですね!

http://www.ballet.co.uk/2012/01/dancetabs-a-new-magazine/

http://www.dancetabs.com/

一方で、Balletco が今月中にアーカイヴに移行される予定なのは変更なし。 Today's Link も今日までで終了だそうです。

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Dansomanie Index du Forum -> ダンソマニ 日本語バージョン- Dansomanie en Japonais Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: